Cultural Center
1906 Photo and Article
The Enterprise,
December 14, 1906


Fred Harrison shares what may be the earliest known image of the old Martin County Courthouse. The photo and article appeared in a special supplement of the Williamston Enterprise on Dec. 14, 1906, about 20 years after the building’s construction date. 

The photo may be the same one that appears on a 1906-07(?) postcard that Wayne Hopkins located some years ago. This is taken from a microfilm copy of the newspaper collected by the State Library in Raleigh.
Friends of the Old Martin County Courthouse
P.O. Box 502  |  East Main Street  |  Williamston, NC 27892  |  252-792-5243
 

© Copyright 2016, All rights reserved
Updates to this website funded in part by a grant from Martin County Travel & Tourism

Website Design by Interactive Communications, Inc.